Sunday, August 2, 2009

busy.

We have been busy in the Wade household. I took the Wade girls to Nebraska to see my mom. We had a nice weekend. The girls enjoyed loving on grandma Debbie & meeting her husband. We hope we see her again soon. Here are a few pictures of them enjoying the motel pool...
We also took the girls back to our hometown for the annual parade & a night at the carnival. We had so much fun seeing the cousins, playing in the newly remodeled A-town pool, & staying up WAY past our bedtime. ;) We had quite a scare this week as Maddy fell at summer camp (ironically, she was only there for about 2 hours that day. :/) She slipped on a climber that was wet from a rainstorm & suffered a serious straddle injury. She was very swollen and black & blue. We had to take her to the doctor but, thankfully, her little body was able to absorb all of the blood & she did NOT develop a hematoma. Praise God.
I have been extremely busy at work this past month. I have been busy working with Heather & preparing to take over as the Toddler Guide at the Montessori school where I teach. I am extremely excited about this as this has been in the works since Feb. '08. (!) It is really hard to keep a secret for that long. Shew! I'm glad it is out in the open. I take over on August 3. So, I have been very busy in my classroom...preparing new practical life works, art works, & doing a LOT of reading. :) My staff is in place (except a late pm teacher and we are hoping to hire one by the end of the week.) and I am ready for my new hours...8am - 4pm sounds pretty nice. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

You will do great!

Aunt Cindy said...

Glad to have my laptop back, and can get caught up on what you've all been doing! I'm glad you're excited about your new classroom, and thank God that Ms. Maddy is Ok after her accident. Good Grief!!

Aunt Cindy