Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lessons

Maddy has been in school for 4 days. I peeked at her work folder Friday to see what she has been up to..
*She made a chart of the life cycle of the cicada. (She & Elly found 3 discarded cicada skins and took them to school to show their classes)
*She has been working on her cursive handwriting...writing the alphabet, her name and writing "I went to China." PS~She has NOT been to China! :) PPS~Her handwriting looked really good! :)
*She spent some time doing the clock work and learning how to tell time and writing it down.
*She wrote in her journal (in cursive!)
*She has been learning the U. S. states and coloring them in on her map. (Very careful coloring!)
*She also worked on her "pin maps." She matched the flags of North America & Aisa with their countries.
*She "cross-weaved" a cool decoration to hang in her room!
*She wrote a list of words that end in -ch. (bunch, lunch, hunch, etc...)
*Her favorite lesson of the week...learning how to use the microwave in the classroom kitchen. Here is a picture of their classroom kitchen...
Yes, every elementary classroom has a full-size kitchen! Lucky girl! They cook every day! *****I do hope Maddy is not telling people she has been to China. Did I ever tell you that she told one of her summer camp counselors that there were 7 children in her family and I was pregnant with #8? That was a fun conversation let me tell you...

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Maddy,
I am so glad you are having a good time at school. Maybe you could write a letter to me sometime?
Love,
Grandma

P.S. Amy, she told me she was going to have a baby brother! I wondered how many people she had told that to!

Anonymous said...

7 and 1 on the way!? You've got me beat;) Sounds like a very productive week.