Happy Valentine's Day. A little late...
Sunday, February 21, 2010
cake.
I made a special dinner for my family tonight. Kevin really wanted my lasagne. I don't make it very often (that is an understatement! :P) It takes a long time to make the homemade sauce & assemble the cooked noodles & ricotta filling. But, he loves it. So, I made it for him. I was sick on Valentine's Day weekend (and our plans got ruined) so this was kind of my peace offering. :)
Part of my Valentine's Day gift for my family was a cake. A homemade chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. :) The Wade girls (and Kevin!) always complain that I never make cake. And, I don't. I don't like cake. Unless, it's those fake Hostess Cupcakes. Ha! :)
So, I made them a cake. A week late because like I said...I was sick with the flu. And, I couldn't bear to do it last weekend.
Here it is frosted...
I wanted to buy some little red heart sprinkles, but they were over $5 for a little bottle! So...
I put some little pink sugar sprinkles on. Elly said, "Ohhhhh! You put sprinkles on?!!" She was thrilled!
For dinner, I put the roses that Kevin got me for Valentine's Day on the table. Aren't they pretty? Love flowers. They make my heart happy. :) We used fancy glasses & the girls used their new cups that light up (Thanks, Grandma Vicki!). Maddy said, "I feel like royalty!" And, Kevin laughed. Stinker. ;)
They loved the cake. And, I'm so glad. I made it for them.
My little cake loving family. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, yummy!!!!
What a fun evening for all of you!
64 more days, and.....then I'm retired!!!
Sounds like you had fun doing the special treat and looks like they had fun eating it!
YUM!!
And thank you for using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Ha! I cringe when people try to substitute that...
Beki~
I am totally spoiled...only ricotta in our house! ;)
Hugs,
amy
That is really cute!
Post a Comment