Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twinkle

Someone has come to live with us until Christmas... Meet Twinkle. Our elf on the shelf.
The girls spied him today on our mantle. He is here to keep an eye on the girls' behavior and he reports to Santa every night. Twinkle will never be in the same place twice so we will have to keep our eyes open for him!
Twinkle cannot talk to us (one of Santa's rules) but he is a great listener. I overheard Elly telling him that she was going to play a game in her room and he better not touch it! :) We also cannot touch Twinkle or he will lose his magic and he won't be able to fly! I cannot even tell you how excited the girls were!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea Amy!!! Too cute and where did you get him?

Sharon

Grandma said...

I looked for my elf from when I was little and didn't find it. I held on to it for years and think it went out when I downsized. Anyway, when Maddy was talking to me on the phone she said "Oh, I just saw his eyes move!"

amy said...

Sharon~
Ohhh! He just showed up while were grocery shopping but I think perhaps Hallmark, Borders, and The Toy Store downtown all have him for $29.95. But, of course, I don't really know that for sure. Wink, Wink.
Hugs,
amy

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Very cute!
It's a good idea to have someone there with direct ties to good old Santa! ;-)

Love,

Aunt Cindy