Wednesday, February 4, 2009

update, random

Kevin stayed home with Elly yesterday & took her to the doctor. She ended up taking a 3.5 hour nap but was still pretty cranky & coughy in the evening. She picked at her dinner...eating a little & I enjoyed snuggling with her & rocking her to sleep. I am home with her today and she had a good night's sleep...it was glorious to sleep til 7:20am. Kevin took Maddy to school & he is picking her up at 3:45pm...(on a side note, I am so PROUD of him...he handed over practice to his assistant to go get Maddy from school! I heart him!)...so, we are still in our jammies. :) We spent the day doing puzzles, reading The Napping House, and played 3 holes of golf on the Wii. Elly loves to play golf...it is hysterical. :) She is still not eating great and running a low grade fever but Grandma Vicki is coming tomorrow and sometimes... you just need a little grandma lovin' to make it all better. :)
**********
We pulled these things out today...
and started working on our valentine's. I love handmade valentine's! But, seriously...I don't know what possessed me to let the girls pick out which one's they wanted to make. We have to cut out over 120 hearts of various sizes to create the puppy (for Elly's class of 24) & the butterfly (for Maddy's class of 32)! What was I thinking? Oh, well...I just can't bear to buy a box of preprinted character valentine's for .99 at the store. No way...I'm not gonna do it. :)
**********
Kevin & I try to make a dinner for us 1x/week after the girls are in bed. Last week, we made this...

...it had tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, lemon juice, caesar dressing, and romaine on a french bread loaf. It was pretty tasty!

**********

I think it is adorable when Maddy reads to Elly...

Ok, who am I kidding? Anytime they can sit next to each other & not fight...it makes a mom happy...

Aren't they sweet? Dirty socks and all! :)

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Sweet is the word-love them to pieces.

Grandma said...

My ears are all ready for some Elly lovin'-that probably sounds strange to some!!