Thursday, July 10, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Monday evening I was finishing up with the girls at bedtime and thinking about what I wanted to type in the new family blog when Kevin came into Elly's bedroom and said, "You are never going to believe what I just did." I couldn't guess and he said he was cutting something on our kitchen table when he cut through the power adapter for our laptop! So we had 3 hours of battery left on our computer and that needed to last a few days until we figured out what to do. So no computer time for me...
Kevin and I have been chatting all summer about where Maddy should go to first grade. She enjoyed Kindergarten at the local elementary school but with me going back to work we needed to find after school care for her. We had planned on having her attend an afterschool program but it closes at 5:30pm and during the football season (when I would need to pick her up) we would have had to find after-afterschool care. My hours in the fall will be 10:30am-5:30pm and it takes a good 20 minutes to get back into E. from L. We were not too comfortable with all of the changing of hands she would go through. One of my fears is that she will get lost or wander off. So, we have decided to send her to elementary school on campus with me. I will be able to visit her during the day and vice versa. It will be wonderful! I love to peek on her and see the lessons she is receiving. Plus, school for her will not start until Sept. 4th so she will have had an amazing summer with plenty of time off. She will be ready by then! Maddy has her first campout tomorrow night. They will be cooking their dinner over a campfire, swimming, boating, and fishing! She has her sleeping bag and clothes already packed. She asked if she could take Twila (her little stuffed cat) and keep her in her bag. I said of course! I wonder if she will get any sleep?
Elly is visiting her big girl preschool class tomorrow morning. I am dropping her off at the pool where she will meet her class at 9am. She will have her first lessons and have lunch. Kevin is picking her up around noon. She is so excited! I am so excited because her classroom is right across the hall from my classroom. I can look out our wall to wall windows and peek on her through their windows! Sneaky! A funny thing that Elly told me this week while we were washing her hands together was that a coyote bit her her hand! :) I asked her where in the world she would have met a coyote and she replied, "in the bathroom at Miss Barb's house." (her summer babysitter) I still need to ask Miss Barb about that... Hee! Hee!
I have two prayer requests...the first being that my uncle Randy is very ill. He is in the hospital for the 2nd time in as many weeks and is in a lot of pain. He is very close to being put on the liver transplant list. My prayer is that the doctors in Manhattan would be able to manage his pain and that they will work with his doctors in Omaha to give him the best care possible. Also, if it is God's will that he be healed, I would pray for His hand to be on Randy. We love you, Uncle Randy!!
My second prayer request is that Kevin is putting on an FCA banquet on August 7th. Jim Ryun will be speaking and Kevin has been inviting a lot of special guests (Bill Self and me! Ha!) I just pray that God would bless that night for L. FCA! It is a fundraiser and Kevin is very stressed (to put it mildly). I know he would never admit it but it manifests itself in other ways so I know. Please pray for Kevin and L. FCA. Thank you!
Have a fantastic Friday!
amy
PS~You can leave a message for us by clicking on the word comments below. Maddy is enjoying looking at our blog and I am hoping to have her look at comments with me and help me answer them. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask-do you need me to come baby sit the night of the banquet?

Grandma

Amy said...

I just got your blog address from my mom tonight. How fun to see pictures of your girls and read about your lives! I've been blogging for just over a year now and am loving it! If you go to May and click on the post blurb.com, you'll see why I started blogging in the first place! (Just had someone ooh and aah over my book this weekend!)

I'll be back to keep in touch!
(Little Amy)

Anonymous said...

How did Maddy enjoy camping out? Did she do lots of fun things? We are going to try to go to Colorado camping for a few nights from August 1st thru August 3rd. We will drive out Thursday evening and come home on Monday. It will be our first trip with the digital camera so I hope to get lots of pictures. Wish you all could come.