Saturday, July 19, 2008

Starring Madalyn!

I think this girl is destined for the stage! Look how happy she is as Vicky, one of the little girls all in a line from Madeline and the Gypsies. I was so excited to come and see her perform at our outdoor amphitheater on Friday afternoon!
She told me that she wasn't really speaking her lines just moving her lips to the words so everyone would think that she was speaking! What a silly girl! The audience was served freshly popped popcorn (with butter!) by some of the older campers! The boy in the black shirt above was one of the oneriest kindergartners I ever taught! He is a sweet boy (whom I really did enjoy!) but I did not like it when he would sing "...walkin' in my winter underwear!" instead of "...walkin' in a winter wonderland!" at Christmastime.
The campers have been designing and making the costumes and set all summer during the art/drama center. I snapped this during the play...so smiley on this day! I love her! She is my sunshine! Here is Maddy with her friend, Claire. They like to dive together in the 10 ft. diving pool below. I got a picture of Maddy and her friend, Zoey, after their play. Bravo, Maddy! You did a great job! I am so proud of you, sweet girl!
One last view of the pools where she swims at summer camp...

No comments: