Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

Elly got to make her very own birthday cake at school today... She chose two friends to help her...Marley... And Ryan... (the sweetest thing about these pictures is that the summer I was pregnant with Elly, I worked with Marley and Ryan in the toddler room. They would rub my belly and ask about her. I find it so sweet that they will be kindergarteners this year and are "looking" out for her. It makes me smile!) Spreading out the cake batter...Washing the dishes... Later in the day, Maddy and I attended her birthday party... Here is a photo of Elly laying out the seasons work...
Here is Elly with Ms. Ann lighting the sun candle... Elly held the colored globe and walked around the sun candle 3 times representing the number of times she has traveled the sun. Walking around the globe...skipping really! :) Offering cake to Sydney (who will be in Maddy's lower elementary class in the fall) Watching Ms. Ann light 3 candles on her cake... ...and blowing out those 3 candles! Eating her cake! Elly had a lesson extinguishing the sun candle when the party was over. Thanks for having us at your birthday party, Elly. We were so proud of you and mommy enjoyed your smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ms. Elly!
Aunt Cindy & Uncle Randy