Friday, August 22, 2008

Bumblebee

Kevin and I have a little visitor who arrives every night sometime between 11:30pm and 6am. She got spooked the 3rd week of May and thought there were ladybugs in her bed. Elly does NOT like ladybugs. That was the week she discovered she could get out of her crib. The following week it stormed every night. I am not joking...every single night there was thunder and lightning. Elly does NOT like thunder and lightning. So she discovered she could climb out of her bed and come into ours. I was returning to work during that time and she was starting at a new sitter's, so we decided to not fight with her. We are now more than ready for her to be sleeping through the night and made her a bedtime reward chart. Starting small...we made her chart with 4 squares representing 4 nights and if she stayed in her bed until the sun came up (which is around 6am) then she got a sticker. Once she had 4 stickers, she would get a small reward. She chose this crazy bumblebee from Micheal's. So, if you look carefully, you will see a little bumblebee sticker on her chart.It only took her 7 nights to get all 4 squares filled on her chart. Look how proud she is of herself...
She was so excited to get her bumblebee...(I am not kidding...she really wanted a bumblebee).
Her next chart will have 7 squares...
***UPDATE~It stormed last night! Elly came into our room about 4:20am & got all snuggled in. Things were going well until lightning hit so close to our house it set off our smoke alarms! It was so loud and so close, I even jumped. Poor Elly hid her face in my pillow for almost 20 minutes. Maddy, on the other hand, did not even wake up. Elly was telling her about the smoke alarms this morning and Maddy replied, "What storms?" We always joke that Maddy could sleep through a hurricane. How different our 2 little girls are...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elly, you must be one brave little girl to want a bumblebee for your reward. I was always kind of scared of bumblebees when I was little. I'm still kind of scared of them now!

You are growing up so fast!

Love Aunt Cindy