Sunday, August 24, 2008
"Burning Up"
One night at dinner last week, Maddy started singing a song. And not just any song. The words were...
Cuz I'm burning up/
Burning up/
For you baby/
Walk in the room/
All I can see is you/
She was sitting next to me & I almost choked! This from my sweet little girl who likes to sing songs like this...
Get up, Get up! /
Get up and tell the world! /
Get up, Get up! /
Some people haven't heard! /
That Jesus paid the price! /
So we could have eternal life!/
I asked her to repeat the song she was singing for daddy. We talked about where she had heard that song. (At summer camp, the older girls were practicing for a "show" to put on the last day. She was chosen to be a background dancer. Heaven help us!) We talked about how we are not going to sing those types of songs in our home because they are inappropriate.
Later on, I googled "Burning Up." Turns out it is a Jonas Brothers song (oh, great!) and thank goodness, all she remembered was that little bit. Google it for yourself and see the rest of the lyrics. We are really in trouble...
***Update~It turns out that Maddy also likes Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" and she also picked up "Mississippi Queen" from the Rock Band video game during Techno at summer camp. Google "Mississippi Queen"...W.A.S.P. (?) sings it. Oh my!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm giggling!
Out of the mouths of babes.....
I know you'll get her on the right track...
Love,
Aunt Cindy
Post a Comment