Sunday, October 12, 2008
This will be a better week. This will be...
So, Elly woke up Sat. am feeling great! She slept all night in her bed and was sweaty because her fever broke in the night! Yay! Maddy went to bed with a headache but woke up fine. We went and had our family pictures taken and I think they turned out GREAT! :) Can't wait to see them. After, daddy went to the KU game and I took the girls to the Halloween store to look for Dorothy shoes. Yes, Maddy has decided to be Dorothy again and all she needs are new ruby red slippers. She wanted to be Annie but I could not find a red Annie dress online or on ebay for less than $50 bucks. Plus, she would have needed black shoes (which are also proving to be challenging...can NO ONE make plain mary jane style shoes to sell in the stores...must they have hannah montana or hello, kitty or high school musical on them? Lord, that is another blog!) and a curly, red wig. I was not willing to spend $100 for one day of fun. Sorry, Mad. Anyway, the Halloween store had shoes in her size but they were heels and did not look as cute or as comfy as the ones I purchased online last year. So, I ordered her slippers yesterday and they have already been shipped and were 20% off! Yay! About $3 cheaper than if I would have bought them at the Halloween store. And speaking of the Halloween store...YIKES! Very gory, very inappropriate costumes... I kept telling the girls to look away, keep walking, it's just pretend, etc... Next time I will go alone. They even had fake b**bs there which Maddy thought was hilarious and I zoomed the girls past it and ignored her comments. AHHH!!! Anyway, I digress...Maddy started feeling pretty crummy by the time we got home. She spent the afternoon in bed and playing quietly in her room. We called the doctor and got her an antibiotic. Maddy's fever came last night. Hopefully, we caught it early. Daddy will stay home with her tomorrow and I will come home early so daddy can go to football practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, shucks! I was hoping Maddy would not catch the crud from her sister! At least you caught it early.
It would be nice to be able to have fun and simple Halloween costumes, wouldn't it? Ah, the influence of tv and movies..... sometimes a very bad thing.
Love you!
Aunt Cindy
We found Sophie's red sparly Dorothy shoes at Wal-Mart. $9, I think. And she's even worn them to kindergarten a time or two! :)
Post a Comment