Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Whisper

I had some time to pray and reflect this afternoon. I listened for God's voice. A whisper told me that I was giving Satan too much credit for the things happening right now. God knows my heart. He knows I have wandered far from Him in the past 6 months and He knows why. I have been praying for Him to draw me back. He is trying to get my attention with all of these "things". I have a humble heart this evening and I know it is all about Him. Not me. So, I still ask for your prayers. But, I know that He is in control, not Satan. Two summers ago, Kevin and I were blessed with the opportunity to go to the Billy Graham Center in North Carolina for an FCA marriage retreat. We went there with a decision to make...to make our marriage work or end it. It saddens me to say that, but, it is the truth. While the weekend was not what we expected...it did save our marriage and more importantly, brought us closer to our Lord. We were so blessed with music by Joel Engle that weekend. He is amazing. I wish I could play you my favorite song, but I can't (it's not on playlist). So, here are the words...if you want a copy of it, I can send you a cd. Just let me know. Thanks for praying for us. "First Love" In this thirsty land / Where I ache and yearn / Too weak to stand / Will I ever learn? / That I have nothing without You / No, I am nothing without You / In this lonely place / Where I am so cold / Be the fire of grace / Burning in my soul / And I have nothing without You / No, I am nothing without You / Jesus, You are the one I love / You are the only thing that melts my heart / Jesus, I have wandered so far / Draw me to where you are / My first love / In my brokenness / I run to You / In Your faithfulness /I am renewed /Revive the song I used to sing / Take my heart and everything / I surrender all of me to You / You are my first love

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank God for that weekend.
And, thank God that you had the stamina, strength, and faith to work things out. I can't imagine this Wade family not being together.

Bless you all!
Aunt Cindy

Grandma said...

I agree with Aunt Cindy and also remember the conference Greg and I went to when we renewed our vows. Marriage is work and many times the outside job takes all of our energy and we have nothing left to give to the important job. I am proud of you guys and I pray for you daily.
But, don't be too hard on yourself-Satan is there and worms himself in pretty easily.
I love you all

Amy said...

I appreciate your honesty. You're right... marriage is hard work. Harder than I ever thought it would be. Corey and I saw "Fireproof" a couple weeks ago. Have you seen it?

amy said...

We have not seen "Fireproof" but it is on our list of things to do! :)