snuggled in on the couch! Poor little thing has strep throat again! This is the 3rd time in 5 months...so her tonsils will need to come out. We will meet with our doctor to make some preliminary plans. We will probably have to wait until Christmas break because we just switched our health insurance in March and removal of the tonsils is subject to a 280 day waiting period. (Sigh.)
Kevin & I are feeling rather guilty today. Let me back up a bit and explain...about a month ago, Maddy woke up and told us she wasn't feeling well...her tummy hurt, etc... The girls and I have been sick off and on the last several months so we figured it was just her turn again. Kevin easily took the day off and stayed with her. Turns out that sneaky little girl was tricking us and just didn't want to go to school! So, we told her that she would have to be running a fever or vomiting before she could stay home from school again.
Well, yesterday morning, Maddy would not get up. She kept falling back asleep and crying whenever we woke her. Her head hurt, her tummy hurt, etc... She did not have a fever so I gave her some motrin (just in case, she really did have a headache) and sent her off to school. She perked up in the car and ate some breakfast... I didn't think anything else about it until Ms. Jan showed up at my classroom at 2:05pm and said Maddy had a 102 degree fever. She had been laying in the reading corner for a couple of hours and didn't eat lunch. Oh, joy. Poor little thing was really sick.
JUST. LIKE. SHE. TOLD. ME. SHE. WAS. (Sigh.)
Kevin feels bad b/c he got on her for not getting up when she was asked. I feel bad that I sent her to school sick.
Parent guilt. There is nothing like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment