Tuesday, May 19, 2009

flashbacks?

Guess what my little Elly belly did when her daddy trimmed our yard this weekend after he mowed?
Oh, yes, that would be her...hiding with her head under a pillow on the couch. And, she wasn't just hiding. Poor thing. She was crying her eyes out. "Is he all done trimming?!" "When is he gonna be all done trimming?!" I really did try to comfort her. I tried holding her & talking her through it. It was to no avail. I finally gave up & tried not to laugh at her. I did rub her back when it became obvious that she wasn't going to calm down.
When he trimmed right out front...she really hunkered down. Look how tight her little hands are gripping the pillow. Oh, she really did break my heart.
********************
The only thing I can think of (because she has never done this before) is that the night she hurt her foot, Kevin was trimming. He was trimming the outside of our privacy fence & the girls were playing in the backyard. They were running away from the fence when she stepped on that piece of splintered wood from the tiki torch. I think she is having flashbacks. It's gonna be a long mowing season...

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I think you are right! Bless her little heart.