Saturday, June 20, 2009

brownie camp.

Maddy went to Brownie Girl Scout camp this past week. It was from 8:45am -3pm everyday. The first day I dropped her off in a raging thunderstorm... Honestly, I just wanted to keep on driving right by the camp. It was so hard to drop her off for an outdoor camp in the thunder & lightning!
We gave our good friend, R., a ride to & from camp everyday. I work with her mom and the girls have known each other since they were infants. :) It was so fun to listen to them giggle & sing songs in the back of the van. :)
Before the opening flag ceremony, the girls gather to sing songs.
Maddy said her favorite thing about camp was learning about nature! They built their own campfire to make their lunch. They had pizza fondue, chicken & dumplings, cheese quesadillas, & smores! :) It was so HOT! I worried about her everyday...but, they had lots of water. The fire dept. even came on Friday and sprayed the girls with their water hoses!
Maddy received a new badge to put on her vest. In her backpack last night, I found a sweet note from the preteen aides who helped her group. "Elvis" and "Eeorye" told her how much fun they had at camp with her & how they hope to see her next year! Maddy has already decided that she is going back every single year! She wants to be an " aide" someday. :)

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Yeah, Maddy. Way to go on earning your badge.

Aunt Cindy said...

Excellent! Despite the weather, it was a great week!

Yum, smores!!!