when my dear 7 1/2 year old daughter threw a tantrum in public last night. While she was screaming "You are the meanest mommy EVER!" I just took her by the hand and said, "Nice try."
Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and....you get the drift. :)
I didn't get mad. I told her it was too bad that she didn't listen to my words and now had to hold my hand in public. How embarrassing.
When she was screaming at me at the top of her lungs and I feigned deafness and she wanted to know if I was going to ignore her FOREVER. I told her that she was being so LOUD that I couldn't hear her. And if she chose to talk to me in a normal voice...than I might be able to hear her words. Maybe. ;)
2 comments:
I'm giggling, I'm giggling, and I'm giggling!!
I can see this in my mind's eye, and I'm giggling.
I know it's been rough, but, you're so strong!
Love you!
This is the same girl who made you so proud the day before?
What set the drama queen off?
Hang in there-it may not be the last time she does that!!
Post a Comment